Tuesday, January 03, 2006

new year. post 1

My first post of the new year, and i can't believe that it's taken me this long to do it. Truth be told i shouldn't be posting this minute anyway, i'm in the middle of a long over due cleaning spree. My bed's at a really awkward angle making it impossible to walk from one side of my bedroom to the other and there are countless bits of probably important paperwork covering my floor. But i will get back to it after this.

Yesterday was fun, stayed in bed till about 12 then took soooo long to get ready, headed into town and spent £50 on books. For some reason i've got the urge to go to Tokyo, i even looked on Expedia to find out roughly how much it would cost to go. Sad isn't it, fact of the matter is it'll be at least another year until i could even think of going to Tokyo, and even then it probably wouldn't happen. So to satisfy my Japanese urge i bought a couple of books to help, one called Tokyo which is the best thing i've read in a long time, and another called In the Miso Soup which is a translation from Japanese which i haven't started yet but will very soon. I also bought American Gods by Neil Gaiman, i always thought it sounded like his best book, yet its one of his that i've never read. The last book i bought, well not really a book, was the graphic novel V for Vendetta which i've read the first couple of pages of, it's quite intriguing, i can't make a judgment till i've read more.

On the topic of books, i've finally read Brokeback Mountain. I read it all in work on Sunday, i had to hold back the tears. It's a powerful little book, let's just hope that it translates well on the big screen. Thanks to Lauren for lending me it :)

I'm afraid i must get going to clean the rest of my room, but who knows maybe this will be a 2 post day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and almost 12 hours later I'm commenting you! see I do sometimes comment you so NYAH:P

3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home