Saturday, January 07, 2006

Yesterday

yesterday has got to be labeled as one of the weirdest days of my life, and i mean that in such a great way.

First to all i knew i was going to be getting up early to go to town and watch Brokeback Mountain. so i got up and headed into town, i got my pay and spent a little (a lot!) of money on myself then made the trek round to Vue. saddly when i got there i found that the 1st screening wasn't until 1:30, for some reason i thought it was at 11:15. to cut a long story short i came back in for the 1:30 showing, there were 5 people there. me and four others, most of us had went alone apart from one couple. i knew that this movie would be emotional to watch, from reading the book i knew i would be crying like a baby. I wasn't disapointed by it in the slightest, and i will be complaining if Heath Ledger doesn't win an oscar for his role. the ending is heartbreaking, truly sad, and for all those critics out there who think that a 'gay cowboy movie' can't work and will only speak to all us sodomites i say bite the bullet and give this movie a shot.

After that and the subsequent contemplative walk back into town, i went to work. i don't think i need to go into detail about the glorious subway.

after my shift i went to my uncles 50th birthday party, it was in a pub just off the shankhill road. i know, me in a pub just off the shankhill road, i never thought it would happen either. it turned out to be soo much fun, all my family were there and we all drank so much. good to see all the family in the one place, now i can't wait till Darren and Naomi's wedding. me enthusiastic about a heterosexual union! who'd have thought!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's no h in shankill!!!! :D

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home